We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
God of War Ragnarok has captivated players with its stunning graphics, immersive storyline, and engaging side quests. These side quests not only offer hours of additional gameplay but also provide deeper insights into the game’s characters, lore, and mythology. Today, we will explore some of the best side quests and offer a guide for players looking to make the most of their gaming experience.
Importance of Side Quests
Side quests in video games like God of War Ragnarok are often considered optional activities that you can choose to engage in or ignore entirely. However, these side quests can have a significant impact on the overall gaming experience, adding depth to the world and characters and providing additional opportunities for gameplay and exploration.
One of the primary benefits of side quests is the way they contribute to the game’s world-building. While the main storyline may provide an overarching narrative, side quests allow players to explore the game’s world in greater detail, discovering new areas, characters, and lore. These quests can provide insight into the game’s backstory, offer a different perspective on the main story, and even introduce new characters or enemies.
Another important aspect of side quests is the way they can provide additional gameplay opportunities. Side quests can offer a break from the main story, allowing you to engage in different activities like combat, puzzle-solving, or exploration. Completing these quests can also provide rewards like new weapons, armor, or abilities that can enhance your overall gaming experience.
Side quests also provide an opportunity for players to develop a deeper connection with the game’s characters. By engaging in side quests, you can learn more about the backstory and motivations of individual characters, developing a greater sense of empathy and attachment to them. This can make the main storyline feel more impactful and emotional, as you have a deeper understanding of the characters and their relationships.
It also increases the overall replayability of a game. By offering additional content to explore and complete, side quests can encourage you to return to the game even after completing the main story. This can provide a greater sense of value, as you continue to engage with the game and its world long after the initial playthrough.
The Best Combat-Focused Side Quests
Combat-focused side quests can be some of the most thrilling and engaging experiences in games like God of War Ragnarok. Here are some of the best combat-focused side quests that you should not miss:
- Muspelheim Trials: Located in the fiery realm of Muspelheim, this side quest offers a series of increasingly challenging combat trials for players to test their skills. Completing these trials offers some of the best rewards in the game, including powerful new weapons and upgrades.
- Niflheim Maze: The Niflheim Maze is a dangerous and deadly labyrinth filled with tough enemies and deadly traps. You will need to use combat skills and strategy to make it through the maze and claim valuable resources and upgrades.
- Valkyrie Hunts: Hunting down and defeating the game’s powerful Valkyries is one of the most difficult and rewarding combat challenges in the game. Each Valkyrie presents a unique and challenging combat encounter, and players must use their skills and abilities to defeat them and claim powerful rewards.
- Dwarven Favors: Throughout the game, you can collect resources and materials for the game’s Dwarven blacksmiths. Completing these favors can offer access to new and powerful weapons and upgrades, making combat encounters much easier.
- Fafnir’s Hoard: This side quest requires you to track down a hoard of treasure guarded by a powerful dragon. Defeating the dragon and claiming the treasure can offer some of the game’s most valuable rewards, including powerful armor and enchantments.
These combat-focused side quests provide a thrilling and challenging experience for players, testing their skills and offering valuable rewards. You can become stronger and more capable in combat, making it easier to progress through the game’s main storyline.
The Best Story-Driven Side Quests
Story-driven side quests can offer a deeper and more engaging narrative experience for players, expanding upon the game’s world and characters. Some of the best quests are:
- The Lost Dwarven King: In this side quest, you must help a group of Dwarves locate their lost king. As they progress through the quest, you uncover a complex and engaging backstory about the Dwarven kingdom and its relationship to the game’s central narrative.
- The Light of Alfheim: This side quest sees you exploring the light and dark realms of Alfheim in order to collect light crystals and restore light to the area. Along the way, you will uncover the tragic history of the Elf Queen and her people.
- The Magic Chisel: In this side quest, players must locate a magical chisel in order to access the game’s central mountain, where they can find the game’s final boss.
- The Realm of Fire: You will explore the fiery realm of Muspelheim in order to unlock the secrets of the realm’s ruler, Surtr.
- The Last Seer: You need to help a blind seer locate her missing son. As you progress through the quest, players uncover a tragic and emotionally engaging backstory about the seer.
These quests offer a deeper and more engaging narrative experience for players, expanding upon the game’s world and characters. You can gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of the game’s world, lore, and central narrative.
The Best Exploration-Based Side Quests
Exploration-based side quests can be some of the most rewarding and engaging experiences in games like God of War Ragnarok. Below are some of the best exploration quests in this game:
- The Island of Light: In this side quest, you will explore a hidden island in search of a powerful light that can be used to defeat the game’s central antagonist. On your way to completing this quest, you will uncover a complex and engaging backstory about the island’s inhabitants.
- The Lake of Nine: Throughout the game, you can explore the vast and beautiful Lake of Nine, uncovering hidden treasures and engaging in battles with powerful enemies. Exploring the lake can also lead to the discovery of valuable upgrades and resources, making combat encounters much easier.
- The Horn of Blood Mead: This quest requires you to locate a series of hidden horns scattered throughout the game’s world. Each horn offers a valuable upgrade to the player’s abilities.
- Jotunheim Tower: You will explore the realm of Jotunheim in order to locate a hidden tower. This quest further expands upon the game’s world and lore.
- The Forgotten Caverns: This side quest requires players to explore a complex and dangerous series of caverns in order to locate valuable resources and upgrades.
These quests offer a rewarding and engaging experience for players, encouraging them to explore the vast and beautiful world of God of War Ragnarok. You can uncover valuable resources and upgrades, making combat pretty easy in the long run.
Tips and Strategies for Completing Side Quests
Completing side quests can be a great way to enhance your gaming experience in God of War Ragnarok. Here are some tips and strategies that can help you make the most out of your side quest adventures:
- Don’t Rush: Take your time and enjoy the journey. Side quests are meant to be explored and savored, so don’t rush through them.
- Listen to NPCs: Pay close attention to what non-playable characters have to say. They can provide important clues and information about where to find side quests and how to complete them.
- Check Your Journal: Make sure to regularly check your journal to keep track of your progress on side quests. It can help you stay focused and avoid missing any important steps.
- Explore Thoroughly: God of War Ragnarok has a vast and beautiful world, full of hidden treasures and secret locations. Take the time to explore every nook and cranny, as you never know what you might find.
- Level Up: Before tackling difficult side quests, make sure that you are properly leveled up and have the right equipment and skills to handle the challenges that lie ahead.
- Use the Right Equipment: Make sure that you have the right weapons and armor to handle different types of enemies and situations. For example, if you are going up against fire-based enemies, it might be a good idea to equip fire-resistant armor.
- Experiment with Different Strategies: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different strategies and approaches to side quests. There is no one-size-fits-all solution, so find what works best for you.
All in all, God of War Ragnarok offers a lot of content to the players. You can do so much in this game and invest a lot of hours exploring the world. We hope that this guide is going to guide new players in focusing on the type of side quests that are more suited to them.
Have you already finished God of War Ragnarok? If so, then let us know your favorite side quests in the comments!